Effective: September 4, 2015
Types of Information We Collect
You can browse our website without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. If you choose to provide us with personal information, you consent to the transfer and storage of that information on our servers.
- Information You Provide: If you register for an account with us, you give us your personal information. Any information you provide to us via our website or any other method will be collected and stored. In order to provide you with the use of and access to our website, applications, services and tools, information collected may include:
- email address, telephone number, mobile telephone number, physical contact information, and sometimes financial information, such as credit card or bank account numbers;
- transactional information based on your activities on the sites;
- personal information you provide to us through discussions, member information pages, correspondence, dispute resolution, or shared by you from other applications, services, or websites; and
- additional personal information we may request in order to authenticate you or if we believe you are violating our policies.
- Automatic Information and Other Sources: When you visit our website or use our applications, services, or tools, we collect information sent to us by your computer, mobile phone, or other access device. This information is not associated with you personally unless you sign-in as a registered user and may include:
- other supplemental information obtained from third parties such as demographic and navigation data; and credit check information, and additional information about you from a credit bureau, as permitted by law; and
- information from your interaction with our sites, services, content, and advertising, including, but not limited to, unique device identifier, device type, your location, computer and connection information, IP address and standard web log information
How We Use Your Information
Our primary reason for collecting personal information about you is to enable us to provide you with access to our sites and our services, and provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient, and customized experience. You agree that any information we collect from you may be used in any of the following ways:
- To provide access to the sites, services and customer support you request and personalize your experience;
- To improve our website and our customer service;
- To prevent, detect, and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, and enforce our User Agreement;
- To process transactions;
- To tell you about our services and those of our affiliates, deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- To resolve disputes, collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- To compare information for accuracy, and verify it with third parties;
- To contact you at telephone numbers we have collected, by placing a voice call or through text (SMS) or email messaging, as authorized by our User Agreement; and
- To provide other services requested by you
How We Share Information
We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your express consent. We share your personal information as described below:
- Third-Party Service Providers. We share your personal information with trusted third parties and service providers who assist us in operating our business and they have access to your personal information needed to perform their functions. They may not use your personal information for any other purpose.
- Promotional Offers and Improvement. We may combine your personal information with information we collect from other companies and use it to improve and personalize our sites, services, content and advertising. If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can indicate your communication preference in your account page, or within the direct communication from us.
- Required by Law. We disclose personal information to respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies, respond to claims that a listing or other content violates the rights of others, or protect anyone’s rights, property, or safety. Such information will be disclosed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Business Transfers. In the event of a sale or transfer of substantially all of The Career Platform’s assets, customer information may be one of the transferred assets.
What About Third Parties
We may, in our discretion, include or offer third party products or services on our website. The Career Platform does not control the privacy policies of third parties, and you are subject to the privacy policies of those third parties where applicable.
Are Children Allowed
Our sites and services are not directed to children under the age of 13. Consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (COPPA), we will never knowingly request personal information from anyone under the age of 13 without parental consent. By providing information to The Career Platform you represent that you are 13 years of age or older.
How Information You Share May be Accessed
If you are a registered user of our sites or services, information you publish or otherwise post for public viewing will be displayed and is available to the public. Also, if you access our sites from a shared computer, certain information about you, such as your account information or activity may also be visible to other individuals who use the computer after you.
How Do We Protect Your Information.
While we cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information, we have implemented reasonable security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information and reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration.
We use “cookies” (small data files placed within your computing device) on certain of our pages to help recognize your device, provide personalized content, and customize our services, content and advertising. Most cookies are “session cookies,” meaning that they are automatically deleted from your hard drive at the end of a session. You are always free to decline our cookies if your browser permits, although doing so may interfere with your use of some of our sites or services.
We, like most sites, automatically gather information regarding your interaction with the Site and store it in log files. This data includes Internet Protocol (“IP”) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (“ISP”), entry and exit pages, date, and time. We use this data to analyze trends, administer the Site, track users’ movements, and gather demographic information about our user base overall. Generally, we do not link this automatically collected information to personally identifiable information.
How You Can Access, Review and Change Your Personal Information
When we ask for your personally identifiable information, we provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of having that information used for certain purposes. For example, if you register for an account you may opt-out of receiving additional marketing material from us. You can see, review, and change most of your personal information by accessing your account profile settings. We retain information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, please be advised that we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with law, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigations, enforce our The Career Platform User Agreement, and take other actions otherwise permitted by law.
If your questions are not answered online, you may write to us at: Purposely, Inc. Attn: Legal – Privacy Practices, 1475 N. Scottsdale Road, Suite 200, Scottsdale, AZ 85257, or using the Contact Us form.